- The Quran competition is a major event at Al Hoda schools. It is supervised by the Azhar section and top students are granted tuition scholarships for the following academic year.
- The Azhar primary section organizes a yearly competition where students are asked to create based on a specific theme.
- The English Dept. organizes many competitions during the school year such as the reading campaign, read-aloud contest and spelling bee.
- The Sports Dept. also organizes inter-school competitions in soccer, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, swimming, wave skating and remotely controlled car racing, as well as internal and external camps.
- Awards are given for recognition of the following:
- Attitude & Good Behavior
- Extra Effort
- Advanced Progress
- Outstanding Achievement
- Exceptional knowledge of Quran
Each class will go on field trips according to the school calendar. Teachers will attend the field trip with their class. Field trips are educational in nature.
Parties are a time for celebration of special events. Only Classroom teachers can organize parties for special events. Parties are made meaningful; the lesson for the day usually ties into the celebration.
The school celebrates the following events:
- Eid Al-Fitr
- Eid Al-Adha
- Al Hegra
- Al Mawled Annabawi (Prophet Mohamed’s Birthday, peace be upon him)
- 6th October Victory
- KG2 & Primary 6 Graduation Ceremonies
- End of year performance